JS Building Consultancy



A planning application is required for most new buildings, extensions, conversions, and changes of use under the Town and Country Planning Act, where a building is listed it may also require Listed Building Consent.

We will advise you on the type of application needed, prepare the necessary drawings, documentation, and submit the application for you.

You may require full planning for new homes, commercial projects, changes of use, or a householder application for domestic extensions or alterations that aren’t categorised as permitted development. In addition, listed Building Consent, or Conservation Area Consent may be required.

Once it is established which type of planning application is needed, we will prepare accurate scaled drawings of both existing and proposed layouts and elevations, along with a location plan.

A Design & Access Statement may be required, except for householder applications which are not in specific areas. Further information, including Flood Risk Assessments , tree, and environmental reports may also be required. The time to prepare drawings will depend on the size and complexity of work, but once complete we will submit your application and all the required documents.

The Local Authority charge a Planning application fee (separate to ours) that is standard across the UK; we will advise what these are. After the Local Authority have considered the application, a decision notice will be issued usually eight weeks after submitting the application, you have the right to appeal if it is refused.
Contact Us to discuss your home extension, renovation, or alteration project for your property.
We are here to help make your requirements and ideas reality from start to finish.